More about our focus on sustainable food production, waste minimisation & recycling, and sustainable, energy efficient living and housing.
About Wangaratta Landcare and Sustainability Inc
We are committed to helping our local community transition towards a more sustainable lifestyle. We encourage knowledge and resource sharing to find solutions and achieve practical outcomes.
- Protecting existing natural remnant vegetation and encouraging native plant species regeneration on public and private land.
- Reducing invasive weeds and supporting native plant species regeneration on public land in natural areas and along waterways including Kaluna Park, Kaluna Island, Wenham’s Reserve and Mullinmur Billabong.
- Promoting biodiversity conservation.
- Mullinmur Billabongs restoration.
- Promoting Native fish conservation and carp removal.
By Lorraine and Daniel Offermann We decided to build a low-maintenance, energy efficient home using standard construction techniques on a modest budget. We are currently …
By Jason and Danielle 1. Brief outline of your situation: Family of 3. First purchased home together upon settling in Australia. 2. Description of home/project: …